Have felt super anxious these past two days. It’s all in my head, of course. In reality everything is more than fine. That doesn’t make what’s in our heads any easier to deal with, though. So. Go-to recipe to relieve anxiety as follows:
1. TURN OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE! It’s all bs. None of it is real. What’s in front of you, around you, within you is real. If there is one thing that makes anxiety worse it’s scrollng through social media or drowning in your inbox. So turn. It. Off.
2. BAKE SOMETHING! Or cook something. Make something. Use your hands to build or create or make food art (or make love!) - immerse yourself fully in something that involves the use of your hands. Today I baked carrot muffins, made chickpea burgers and piped(!) vanilla meringues (I burnt the meringue). It didn’t matter. I cooked. I did not look at my phone or think about my inbox the entire time.
3. MOVE YOUR BODY. Any possible way you can. It literally does not matter how you do it as long as you do. I turned my favorite song on repeat and danced like a crazy person for 9 minutes and then I did some spinal waves and be single heart opener. The whole thing took me less than 15 minutes. Immediate result? Joy.
4. GO OUTSIDE. I did this while moving but putting this as a separate point because, so important. And it works. Take a few minutes to breathe fresh air or look at the sky and feel the rain or the sunshine. Nature vibrates straight to our core... We don’t even have to do anything to receive it. Just spend time outside. Recharge.
5. SHARE WITH SOMEONE. Tell someone how you feel! Open up about something, even ignored it’s just for a minute or something small. Thousands of people do it in our community group on Facebook every day and it WORKS. I’m doing it right here. Telling you I have anxiety lessens my anxiety. Share to a degree that feels safe and balanced for you.
You can do step 5 right here in the comment section below. Do it now! Then, begin at step 1 and turn your phone off. Create, move, step outside, share. Deep breaths all the way through. It’s just a moment or a string of moments and THEY WILL PASS. That I promise. x
09 Nov 2018