It's not an Australia Day barbie without some delicious Barbecued Garlic Prawns! 🇦🇺 RECIPE BELOW: *
1. Mix 4 tablespoons olive oil, about 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, 4 tablespoons lemon juice and lots of minced garlic (about 1 tablespoon) in a glass bowl. Can add chilli flakes here too if you like.
2. Add peeled and deveined uncooked prawns & marinate for 30mins.
3. Soak wooden skewers in water so they don’t burn.
4. Preheat your BBQ on high and thread about 4 or so prawns onto each skewer.
5. Oil the hotplate. Cook about 2 min each side or until opaque.
While others prefer to party in El Nido, we prefer to eat, and walk around while drinking beer.
1.) Crustacean station
2.) Hello, halo-halo (a Filipino desert, a cornucopia of shaved ice, evaporated milk, leche flan, ube (purple yam), kaong (sugar palm), nata de coco (coconut gel), gulaman (agar jelly), red monggo beans, saba (Cardava banana), sago (palm tapioca), langka (jackfruit), macapuno (Kopyor coconut), pinipig (toasted rice) and even more.
3.) Unusually quiet El Nido.
🔥Spectacular Surf ‘n Turf Platter! What will you pick first? 🥩🍤🦀🐙.
#CertifiedGrillLover | 📸: @come.grill.with.me "Come Get Surfy n Turfy With Me!
Follow ➡️➡️ @come.grill.with.me
Follow ➡️➡️ @healthycook4champions
See more of our food at #aussiegrillsisters
My next Grilled Surf n Turf Platter.
Australian Blue Swimmer Crabs, King Prawns, Baby Octopus and Scotch Fillet steak seasoned with @themafiatrilogy The Enforcer Rub.🔥🔥🔥
Have a fantastic day/night everyone. I’m off to work now. Will reply to your comments tonight. Thank you for your IG love and support. I really appreciate it. ❤️🙏❤️🙏
Mussels in White Wine Sauce with Onions and Tomatoes - The appetiser that should be in every cook’s repertoire!
RECIPE BELOW: *
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tbsp. butter
1.3kg mussels, well scrubbed and debearded
1/2 cup white wine
3-5 small tomatoes, chopped
1 bay leaf
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2-3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Then add the onion, garlic and cook until the onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Turn up the flame to high and add the mussels. Pour in the white wine, bay leaf, fresh parsley, salt, ground pepper and stir for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes until all the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that did not open.
4. Serve the mussels in a large bowl with the broth and baguette slices for dipping.
Pizza Party Friday Night! This Shrimp Scampi Pizza is the perfect example of unexpected toppings taking the ordinary to extraordinary….. .
RECIPE BELOW: . *
2 Tablespoons olive oil & unsalted butter
3 Large cloves fresh garlic (minced)
1/4 cup white wine
1 Lemon zest and juice
500g fresh shrimp
1 Pound fresh pizza dough
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning .
1. Place baking stone in oven and preheat to 260C for an hour
2. In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium-low heat.
3. Add the garlic and lemon zest, cook for one minute.
4. Add the wine and lemon juice, simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and cook only until pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. Roll out pizza dough. Place on a cornmeal lined pizza peel.
7. Brush dough with garlic-lemon sauce from pan. Be generous. but you don't want your pizza to look like a lake.
8. Top with shrimp, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
9. Slide pizza onto the preheated baking stone and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
Serve with red hot pepper flakes.